[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24461: _get_term_children can loop forever (well until it times out) if there is a loop in the hierarchy

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 31 02:49:31 UTC 2014

#24461: _get_term_children can loop forever (well until it times out) if there is a
loop in the hierarchy
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  westi                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by sgrant):

 I wrote a test that I think is reproducing this behaviour (see attached
 diff), but I'm not sure how best to apply the filter to fix it. Is this
 the right approach for this issue? Thanks!

 Also, it appears that the same parent/child setup can send
 get_term_children (no leading underscore) into a fatal error as well.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24461#comment:8>