[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30741: Build-out API for adding Customizer Panels, Sections, and Controls entirely with JS

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 19 02:13:37 UTC 2014

#30741: Build-out API for adding Customizer Panels, Sections, and Controls entirely
with JS
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:3 celloexpressions]:
 > General note: we need to ensure that `check_capabilities()` is still
 addressed when everything is fully added via JS. Probably a matter of only
 passing their JSON data when check capabilities is true, rather than
 rendering or passing the content JSON when it's true.
 Was briefly concerned that we have major problems here in 4.1, but because
 there is no API for rendering an entire control from JS yet,
 `maybe_render()` is still called for controls whose content is rendered
 from JS templates, meaning that the controls are not accessible if the
 capabilities aren't met. Moving forward, we need to wrap all objects'
 `json()` methods with capability checks, and that probably should have
 been done originally too.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30741#comment:4>