[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello, Dolly!" lyrics which could potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 15 20:17:15 UTC 2014

#15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello, Dolly!" lyrics which could
potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  novasource       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:75 novasource]:
 > This issue has not been resolved. The copyrighted lyrics still appear in
 WordPress 4.0.1. Per above, this is not fair use, and no license for the
 lyrics has been substantiated here or in the source code.

 As much as I agree with you, which I sincerely do, it should be evident at
 this stage that this 4-year old ticket will not be fixed. Left open, it is
 trac rot at best. And there's little point in beating a dead horse. So
 closing accordingly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15769#comment:77>