[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30575: Twenty Fourteen: Submenu items on dropdown menus nearly impossible to select on some Android mobile tablets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 2 16:01:24 UTC 2014

#30575: Twenty Fourteen: Submenu items on dropdown menus nearly impossible to
select on some Android mobile tablets
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  zoonini        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  4.0.1
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 On larger Android tablets, it's next to impossible select a submenu item
 from the dropdown menu, since it appears too quickly to be tapped.

 Replicated on [http://wp-themes.com/twentyfourteen/ Twenty Fourteen demo]
 site using:

 - Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, running Android 4.4.2, using the
 "Browser" app and Chrome. Tester noted that "When I use my stylus, I am
 able to hover over the menus so I can choose the correct one."

 - Nexus 7 in landscape mode, Android 4.4.2, Chrome

 Screencast: https://cloudup.com/imicb2EvVyc

 This does '''not''' seem to affect the mobile menu, which kicks in at
 smaller screen sizes, such as the Nexus 7 in portrait mode. It only
 affects screen sizes at which the regular dropdown menu is displayed.

 Reported in [http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/not-functional-drop-
 down-menus-on-20-14-theme-and-android-platform this forum thread]