[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29303: Reverse tabbing from the attachment details sidebar should return you to the selected attachment

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Aug 23 20:54:04 UTC 2014

#29303: Reverse tabbing from the attachment details sidebar should return you to
the selected attachment
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  helen         |       Owner:

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 In [attachment:29303.diff]:

  * Add a tabindex of 1 to attachment-details div, allows reverse tabbing
 from the media details area back to the media grid (in post->add media
 modal).

 Note: I'm still uncertain why the reverse tabbing fails without this.
 reviewing jQuery( ':tabbable') I see all the elements in the proper order.
 Turned off JavaScript to ensure we weren't refocusing in code... somehow
 the browsers are confused about our tab order. tried messing with tabindex
 values for li's, container ul, etc. Solution I arrived at does have one
 hidden tab step when going backwards (the attachment-details div), happy
 to see a better fix if possible - anyone with better tab analysis skills
 please chime in!

 Also: note that this does not put the focus back on the selected
 attachment; going to try again with JavaScript to see if I can get that
 working.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29303#comment:2>