[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20094: The wpEditImage TinyMCE plugin is broken when TinyMCE is served from another domain

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 7 05:00:06 UTC 2014

#20094: The wpEditImage TinyMCE plugin is broken when TinyMCE is served from
another domain
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mdawaffe                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  new
Changes (by lancewillett):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => needs-patch needs-refresh
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Tested this a bit today to see if the reported issue is still valid.

 The image controls are working as expected, probably invalidated by the
 upgrade to TinyMCE 4.0.x, see r26876. Serving files from other domains
 (like a CDN) is working as expected now with images, special characters,
 paste as text, and image properties.

 The only JS error I could get is with the Help dialog. It appears as
 expected, but I do see this error in the console (domains redacted a bit
 as an example):
 {{{
 Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "https://some.cdn.com"
 from accessing a frame with origin "https://actualwebsite.com". Protocols,
 domains, and ports must match. wp-mce-help.php:77
 (anonymous function)

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20094#comment:9>