[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28044: TinyMCE still adding span tags (narrowed down to editing new lines in local dev) (was: TinyMCE still adding span tags (narrowed down))

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 28 15:02:17 UTC 2014

#28044: TinyMCE still adding span tags (narrowed down to editing new lines in local
dev)
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gallantfish   |       Owner:

Comment (by gallantfish):

 Sorry I couldn't edit the original post,

 I "thought" I narrowed it down to the nbsp spaces present in the current
 line edited, but it suddenly stopped reproducing.

 Now I narrowed it down to "it happens in local installation only".

 My live site was cloned from my local DB, so all the encoding and languaje
 settings are the same.

 The live site allows any editing, no problem.

 The local site adds extra span tags with line-height: 1.5em; every time I
 edit a cross-line selection.

 Selecting and typing on the selected text works fine if there are no new
 lines in the selection.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28044#comment:2>