[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27998: the_author_posts() returns an inaccurate value with the author has no published posts

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 23 22:24:14 UTC 2014

#27998: the_author_posts() returns an inaccurate value with the author has no
published posts
 Reporter:  jbenton       |       Owner:

Comment (by krogsgard):

 It seems to me that two things may need to occur:

 * Do a check for a returned value on get_post()->post_author in
 get_the_author_posts() to prevent a notice.
 * Create the condition to exit early from get_posts_by_author_sql if a
 user ID isn't passed. Is there any reason to create continue without a
 post author?

 I'd love for this to be my first patch, but want to make sure I go the
 right route :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27998#comment:2>