[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27846: Removing query string from style link causes TinyMCE link button to display at bottom of page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 19 00:02:29 UTC 2014

#27846: Removing query string from style link causes TinyMCE link button to display
at bottom of page
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Autumn Lansing  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 Don't think we can avoid using query strings for cache management. They
 (should) trigger cache updates on caching proxies and in the browsers. The
 other way of "on demand" cache busting would need access to the web server
 configuration, which is not possible from PHP in all cases.

 If a plugin removes the JS and CSS query strings, I'm hoping that it also
 sets the proper headers at the web server level.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27846#comment:4>