[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27905: Gallery Preview Shows Unattached Images If Gallery Shortcode Doesn't Have IDs Listed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 18 20:33:43 UTC 2014

#27905: Gallery Preview Shows Unattached Images If Gallery Shortcode Doesn't Have
IDs Listed
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  KZeni               |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Gallery             |    Version:  3.9
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I have galleries that were created before WordPress started specifying the
 corresponding media's IDs in the gallery shortcode (defaults to showing
 whatever media's attached to that post/page). It seems this WordPress 3.9
 update makes it so it also shows all unattached images in addition to the
 media that's attached to the post/page (both in the preview and when going
 into editing the gallery).

 I've tested this on two separate sites running 3.9 with unattached images
 in the media library and gallery tags without IDs specified. It was an
 issue for both.

 It wouldn't be that bad if the editor only showed the attached media so
 that updating it would then fill out the correct IDs, but it simply isn't
 working at some part of the process where it gets the associated images.

 I can provide more details if needed. Thanks for checking into this little
 bug!