[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27290: Use Widget Customizer for "Widgets" link in front-end-toolbar appearance menu

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 17 17:28:47 UTC 2014

#27290: Use Widget Customizer for "Widgets" link in front-end-toolbar appearance
menu
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater

Comment:

 If we'd done this it wouldn've needed to happen in 3.9 with the launch of
 the Widget Customizer. At this point it's probably better to just wait
 until we're ready to replace the entire Appearance section with the
 Customizer, which would require iterations of backgrounds and widgets (to
 include all features of their respective screens) and the addition of
 themes and menus to the customizer. Once everything's eventually in, it'll
 be easier to push users directly into the Customizer without messing with
 things like deep-linking.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27290#comment:7>