[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27856: gallery shortcode adding empty parapraphs when switching between text and visual editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 17 10:46:24 UTC 2014

#27856: gallery shortcode adding empty parapraphs when switching between text and
visual editor
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  robinroelofsen  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Gallery         |    Version:  3.9
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
 Added a WP gallery to my post/page using the gallery shortcode. Looks
 good.

 When I switch to the text editor, an empty paragraph is added above and
 below the shortcode. Switching back adds another empty paragraph above and
 below the shortcode, etcetera.

 In short, switching between the two editors keeps adding paragraphs.

 Does so using the default TinyMCE editor and using TinyMCE Advanced
 plugin.