[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27639: Install Themes: API call to api.wordpress.org fails under IE8/9 because of CORS

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 15 01:15:47 UTC 2014

#27639: Install Themes: API call to api.wordpress.org fails under IE8/9 because of
CORS
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90       |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by nacin):

 In [changeset:"28126"]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="28126"
 Theme Installer: Revert to proxying through PHP for WordPress.org API
 requests.

 This is to ensure we have valid installation nonces, though we've run into
 this as a problem previously (see #27639, #27581, #27055).

 A tad slower, but we gained speed in 3.9 by simplifying the request made
 to the API.

 props ocean90.
 fixes #27798.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27639#comment:14>