[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27538: Widget Customizer: Persistent object cache/Transients causes certain previewed widgets to leak outside of customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 7 22:25:00 UTC 2014

#27538: Widget Customizer: Persistent object cache/Transients causes certain
previewed widgets to leak outside of customizer
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  ocean90
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Hehe. It's quite refreshing to see WP core devs openly talking about how
 they think their own code base and APIs suck. (And agreed, the caching and
 widgets APIs do suck, but imo they're nowhere near as sucky as taxonomies,
 roles managed using meta, wp query or the biggest of all monstrosities aka
 the loop.)

 For the transients, we could force the timeout to 1 second to avoid
 poisoning the cache. And frankly, the IRC log leaves me unconvinced. I
 understand the rational, mind you, but I still think a fatal error due to
 non-existing cache functions when previewing a theme is preferrable to the
 risk of seeing widgets poisoning a cache for many years to come.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27538#comment:19>