[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26907: Distraction Free Writing mode no longer wakes up on mouse move unless it is in the toolbar

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 4 19:05:29 UTC 2014

#26907: Distraction Free Writing mode no longer wakes up on mouse move unless it is
in the toolbar
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  GregRoss      |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:15 GregRoss]:
 > The update just converts DFW mode on touch devices to fullscreen mode
 (aka UI is visible all the time), is that the desired behaviour?

 As iOS "locks" all position: fixed elements when the keyboard is open,
 this is the most straightforward way to make DFW usable there. It's not
 ideal, but other fixes (resetting the fixed elements on scroll?) would
 require bigger changes, more code, etc. Something for 4.0 perhaps.

 Replying to [comment:16 nacin]:
 > Now that the mouse no longer wakes up DFW, it's nearly impossible to see
 the word count.

 Tested moving the word count and "Just Write" to the top, but its not
 better. When the user is typing it is usually at the bottom and the top
 can be hidden. We can return showing the toolbar/UI on mouse move if that
 is the better UX.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26907#comment:18>