[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27626: wp_check_browser_version() collects information for WP and potentially poses privacy concerns, also causes slow load time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 1 19:39:09 UTC 2014

#27626: wp_check_browser_version() collects information for WP and potentially
poses privacy concerns, also causes slow load time
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  chris.mcmacken  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  3.8.1
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
 Not only does wp_check_browser_version() slow down load times in the admin
 panel, it also collects data about people using my site. I haven't been
 able to find anywhere saying that this sort of information is collected by
 api.wordpress.com on EVERY WordPress blog with no way to opt out, but if I
 missed that in the agreement please let me know.