[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25751: After upgrade to WordPress 3.7 updating Wordpress default themes is not possible

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 28 21:54:44 UTC 2013

#25751: After upgrade to WordPress 3.7 updating Wordpress default themes is not
possible
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mike_vl          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:2 dd32]:
 > This is caused by OpenSSL being unable to parse the subjectAltNames
 extension of the SSL certificate, this could be due to a OpenSSL bug or
 this particular compile of OpenSSL doesn't support the extensions.

 I misread the error slightly, this is caused by cURL & it's OpenSSL build,
 not from the PHP OpenSSL extension as I thought..

 The version of cURL installed on the hosting in this case is cURL 7.10.6,
 cURL 7.10.7 introduced the ability to check the subjectAltName field.

 cURL 7.10.7 was released TEN YEARS AGO... In this case, I think we need to
 reach out to the host and ask them to update their version of cURL..

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25751#comment:3>