[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25697: User search in network admin returns different results to user search in a sub-site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 25 15:33:42 UTC 2013

#25697: User search in network admin returns different results to user search in a
sub-site
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  tomdxw         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Description changed by DrewAPicture:

Old description:

> I just created a new user called "abc123" with an email address of
> "camel@ example.com" (space added because Trac seems to eat email
> addresses) on the main site of a multisite installation.
>
> I performed the following searches in both /wp-admin/users.php and /wp-
> admin/network/users.php:
>
> * "camel@ example.com" (again, space added for Trac's benefit) finds the
> user in both cases
> * "@example.com" finds the user only on the non-network search
> * "camel@" finds the user only on the non-network search
> * "example.com" does not find the user
> * "camel" does not find the user
>
> It would be helpful to be able to search for @example.com in the network
> admin for instance when we receive bounce emails which don't specify the
> full email address.

New description:

 I just created a new user called "`abc123`" with an email address of
 "`camel at example.com`" on the main site of a multisite installation.

 * "`camel at example.com`" finds the user in both cases

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25697#comment:2>