[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25550: Twenty Fourteen: implement an alternate "slider" view for home page featured content

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 11 20:36:09 UTC 2013

#25550: Twenty Fourteen: implement an alternate "slider" view for home page
featured content
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  lancewillett   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new
Changes (by taupecat):

 * cc: tracy@… (added)

Comment:

 This ticket makes me very sad. :-(

 In the Twenty Fourteen meeting on Oct 8, you indicated that it was to be a
 "clean" slider implementation, or something to that effect.  Is the slider
 for Twenty Fourteen (le sigh) going to be written from the ground up?  Can
 we really improve upon something countless jQuery plugins have been doing
 for years (the one I use when I must implement this sort of thing is
 Flexslider, now owned by WooThemes)?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25550#comment:3>