[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10205: getmyuid() called instead of posix_getuid() in get_filesystem_method() (wp-admin/includes/file.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 9 18:34:18 UTC 2013

#10205: getmyuid() called instead of posix_getuid() in get_filesystem_method() (wp-
admin/includes/file.php)
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pgl                     |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by nacin):

 * type:  task (blessed) => enhancement
 * milestone:  3.7 => Future Release

Comment:

 We're *not* simply removing the check for file ownership. The prospect of
 having us create a file that the FTP user can't edit is very bad.

 Some stats we've collected show that "direct" is used almost everywhere,
 while removing the ownership check would only mean "direct" support would
 be chosen in a small minority of cases where "direct" is not already used.

 So, we're not doing [attachment:10205.2.diff] for 3.7. It needs some
 refactoring and a proper soak. We could also consider .3.diff (which would
 in practice be an effective equivalent to "removing the check for file
 ownership").

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10205#comment:35>