[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26338: Twenty Fourteen: Consider to re-add the Header Text Customization Option when we remove the accent color option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 30 11:13:07 UTC 2013

#26338: Twenty Fourteen: Consider to re-add the Header Text Customization Option
when we remove the accent color option
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi     |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 In #25540, we removed the Header Text Customization Option. The biggest
 reason why we removed the option was because the text color option was
 redundant because of the accent color. Also it was tricky to remove only
 the text color option while keeping the hide/show header text option, and
 lastly the confusing, vague label "Header text".

 Now, we pretty much all agree to remove the accent color option from the
 theme (#26220), and there is no compelling reason to not to have the
 option when we remove the accent color.  We've heard few
 feedbacks/complains about the lack of the header text option from WP.com
 users: they need to have ability to hide their site title when they have
 custom header image with their identity or logo on it, and that makes
 sense. So I'd propose to put the header text option back.

 Regarding the label, we are displaying only the site title in the preview
 so I think this is pretty clear what "Header Text" means in this context.
 In the customizer, we can rename the label to make the option more clear.