[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26195: Deleting users asks for reassigning posts even when there is no post/comment

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 28 10:01:17 UTC 2013

#26195: Deleting users asks for reassigning posts even when there is no
post/comment
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  MarcelWaldvogel         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by MarcelWaldvogel):

 Replying to [comment:2 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Looks like [attachment:26195.diff] essentially reverts [22166].

 The way I read the patch (not knowing too much about the WP internals), I
 don't think it reverts [22166] or contradicts #20045. *If* there are
 posts, the functionality of [22166] and #20045 remains.

 1. It enhances the user's respect of the system (avoids "why does this
 dumb computer force me to do an additional click, if there is no real
 choice?!?")
 2. It keeps the user from making a mistake, i.e., the deletion of a series
 of users with content (likely more "valuable" users) is different from
 deleting users with no content)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26195#comment:3>