[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26151: Media buttons separate tabs from post editor in the new post page on small screens

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 21 20:48:47 UTC 2013

#26151: Media buttons separate tabs from post editor in the new post page on small
screens
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  melchoyce       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  ui-focus
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 When the editor hits the small screen size, the media and attachment
 buttons can force the html/visual tabs away from the post editor:
 https://cloudup.com/cSgojxIDPrX

 I tried to fix it myself but ran into some issues. The buttons and tabs,
 unfortunately, are listed in the same div. This makes styling them
 separately very difficult and hacky, relying on floating and/or absolutely
 positioning. I think the best solution would be to separate the buttons
 and tabs out into two separate containers, so we can give the button
 container a 100% max-width on smaller screens, but the php for that is
 beyond my skill level.

 You can find the php in question in /wp-includes/class-wp-editor.php, line
 128-143.