[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26115: Fix \' being expressed when searching for users & add display_name to searchable columns

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 20 13:23:38 UTC 2013

#26115: Fix \' being expressed when searching for users & add display_name to
searchable columns
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  aubreypwd               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * version:  trunk => 3.1
 * component:  General => Administration
 * severity:  trivial => normal

Comment:

 The concern in [comment:ticket:16366:4] is still valid, so I don't think
 `display_name` is going to be added to core at this point.

 `wp_unslash()` seems fine, but looks like [attachment:26115.patch] calls
 it twice for the same variable in both files. I guess it should only be
 applied to `$_REQUEST['s']`.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26115#comment:4>