[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26087: Twenty Fourteen: Making the featured content background in the slider more transparent.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 18 22:56:10 UTC 2013

#26087: Twenty Fourteen: Making the featured content background in the slider more
transparent.
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  RDall                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by iamtakashi):

 Thanks for the suggestion.

 However the suggested style (using semi-transparent background) looks
 dated to me and it's not something I have in my vision for this theme. The
 style doesn't harmonize with the style treatment with
 [https://cloudup.com/c0c1CbbscGc other featured images] and I don't think
 the hidden area by the title is not a large amount as mentioned here. In
 some cases, the title might cover an important piece of a slider image but
 that will be fairly an edge case and it's one of those design constrains
 by the style of the theme like the cropped featured image.

 Suggesting won't fix.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26087#comment:5>