[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26080: Twenty Fourteen: only create new tag when saving Featured Content options in Customizer (was: Twenty Fourteen: Feature Content Creates Tags in Customizer)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 18 22:04:42 UTC 2013

#26080: Twenty Fourteen: only create new tag when saving Featured Content options
in Customizer
---------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  RDall          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Old description:

> In Twenty Fourteen I went into the customizer and clicked into the
> Featured Content area.
>
> 1. I started typing in the tag name and the field auto populated with the
> correct tag I was looking for. In this case ''November 11th''.
>
> 2. I then clicked on the tag and it populated the field. I then choose
> Save & Publish. But the tag name hadn't been applied.
>
> 3. It only showed ''November'' in the field and didn't apply the images
> to the features area.
>
> 4. So I tried a second time using the same procedure as above. With
> exactly the same results but this time it own showed ''Nov''
>
> 5. I knew something was wrong. So I check the tags screen and the
> ''November'' and ''Nov'' tags had been created but no posts had been
> applied to them. I deleted these extra tags.
>
> 6. The ''November 11th'' tag still had all the posts.
>
> 7. Wanting to crack this issue. I decided to try this process a third
> time. But instead of clicking the tag once it was populated in the
> featured content tag field I would click and then press '''the space
> bar''' and the slider showed the appropriate content.
>
> 8. I then hit the Save & Publish and it worked.
>
> So in summary:
>
> Featured Content in customizer creates tags and doesn't apply content
> after proper tag has been clicked.
>
> For those playing along at home:
>
> WP 3.8-alpha-26127
> Web Browser: Firefox 25.0

New description:

--

Comment (by lancewillett):

 Replying to [comment:2 celloexpressions]:
 > perhaps we could only create the missing tag when publishing the
 customizer's changes.

 Let's do that.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26080#comment:3>