[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25542: Function "set_site_transient" is executed twice for plugins - Is it necessary?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 2 05:36:54 UTC 2013

#25542: Function "set_site_transient" is executed twice for plugins - Is it
necessary?
 Reporter:  johnstonphilip                       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnstonphilip):

 @dd32 I'm playing with that and it seems to be working. I set the custom
 transient to expire after 10 seconds. That way I don't have plugins
 staying in the update list for up to an hour after they have been updated.
 It isn't the most elegant of solutions but it works.

 The only question I'm wondering is if a transient is overkill here. Would
 a global "counter" variable be a less intensive option? I could increment
 the counter variable and set the wp_remote_post to only fire if the
 counter is '2', and then reset it back to 1. Or is that a bad idea?

 I appreciate the advice. Thanks guys.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25542#comment:8>