[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24445: Twenty Thirteen: twentythirteen_body_class function make the load more slower!

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 28 20:49:24 UTC 2013

#24445: Twenty Thirteen: twentythirteen_body_class function make the load more
slower!
 Reporter:  alexvorn2    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Performance  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 I have 100k posts.

 If I delete the function twentythirteen_body_class() - the home page loads
 in 1 second,
 with this function the page loads in 4.4 seconds!

 I use this for page load time:

 {{{
 add_action( 'wp_footer',             'footer_timer_stop', 1000
 );

 // Footer timer to show page load speed
 function footer_timer_stop() {
         echo '<!-- stats: ' . get_num_queries() . ' queries. ' .
 timer_stop( 0 ) . ' seconds. -->';
 }
 }}}

 This function is not so important and I think it should be removed.