[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13258: wp_dropdown_categories() uses $term->id instead of $term->name for taxonomies that are not categories

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 9 11:18:11 UTC 2013

#13258: wp_dropdown_categories() uses $term->id instead of $term->name for
taxonomies that are not categories
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mfields                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new

Comment (by vanjwilson):

 I just ran into this issue in a different context.

 I use wp_dropdown_categories in a meta box to let the user pick a
 "primary" term from a custom taxonomy for a related custom post. Then, I
 filter get_posts in a shortcode to insert a list custom posts with that
 meta value. Only the dropdown still has the id values, so my shortcode
 query would by dependent on the order the custom terms were entered in the
 database.

 I will have to use the custom walker (which is in use in the wild:
 [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14078572/how-to-change-value-for-
 options-and-select-in-wp-dropdown-categories]), but why hasn't
 stephen1988's patch made it into core yet?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13258#comment:12>