[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23703: Posting on WordPress.org support forums defaults to wrong version number occasionally

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 28 17:24:40 UTC 2013

#23703: Posting on WordPress.org support forums defaults to wrong version number
occasionally
--------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  Daedalon            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  closed
Changes (by coffee2code):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Confirmed and fixed.

 For clarification, the WP version dropdown is not given a default value
 when a forum is empty. With this fix, the WP version dropdown is now also
 not given a default when topics are present.

 Contrary to what the OP suggested in the ticket, the form should not
 default to the latest version of WP. As it does now, it should not default
 to any version. We can't assume what version a user is using, and we don't
 want to mistakenly think it is the latest just because they never verified
 the default value. Better to have no value than to not trust a value that
 may or may not be the intent of the user. If a version is present, then
 you know the user set it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23703#comment:2>