[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23572: Add functions to parse Audio / Video data out of arbitrary content or a post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 26 21:01:23 UTC 2013

#23572: Add functions to parse Audio / Video data out of arbitrary content or a
post
-----------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  wonderboymusic                     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                        |      Status:  new

Comment (by obenland):

 Updating `$post->post_content` seems to be only one step in a two step
 process. We would need to call `setup_postdata( $post )` again after that,
 so that all globals get updated for the template tags.

 Also I noticed, an attached video (for example) would not get stripped
 from the post content. In my test case I had it in there with a video
 shortcode that made it even more challenging to come up with a way to
 remove it :(

 Scott, the next time I see you, beer's on me!

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23572#comment:26>