[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23620: Twenty Thirteen: extract video or image from post content and place above the title and post content

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 25 21:07:09 UTC 2013

#23620: Twenty Thirteen: extract video or image from post content and place above
the title and post content
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  lancewillett   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by lancewillett):

 .4 patch adds first pass at image post format support.

 Two big issues:

 1. Post format "add image to post" functionality in wp-admin doesn't
 currently allow filtering for 724 pixel width instead of the default
 {{{$content_width}}} of 604 pixels. See #23863

 It could be a moot point if we build our own HTML output (but I'd rather
 not do that, if possible).

 2. We need to decide on building the image HTML output by hand based on a
 returned image "src" value -- or a better way to get the parsed images
 back. I proposed two options here:
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23572#comment:13 -- 1) get back full
 image HTML instead of just the source URL and 2) get back attachment IDs
 if they exist so we can run them through {{{wp_get_attachment_image()}}}
 to get the exactly sized image we'd like, at 724 pixels width.

 Fixing both of these issues would avoid us resizing images down with CSS
 scaling. With .4 patch above we do just that: load full-size image into
 HTML source, use `max-width: 724px;` to scale it down.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23620#comment:13>