[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23844: remove_theme_support( 'post-formats' ); doesn't effect that ugly tab bar for post formats in post-new.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 22 11:10:15 UTC 2013

#23844: remove_theme_support( 'post-formats' ); doesn't effect that ugly tab bar
for post formats in post-new.php
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  pixolin          |       Type:  defect (bug)
 I tried to remove theme support for post-formats with[[BR]]

 {{{
 remove_theme_support('post-formats');
 }}}
 and even

 {{{
 add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_post_formats', 11);
 function remove_post_formats() {
     remove_theme_support('post-formats');
 }
 }}}

 but wasn't able to remove the tab bar that shows post formats underneath
 the title field.

 I would have expected that this would remove the entire tab bar or at
 least disable it's functionality.