[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23220: Extend autosave to use the browser's local storage in addition to saving to the server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 15 18:00:34 UTC 2013

#23220: Extend autosave to use the browser's local storage in addition to saving to
the server
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz          |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by dh-shredder):

 Attached [attachment:disable_save_while_disconnected.2.diff
 disable_save_while_disconnected.2.diff], which disables buttons when
 heartbeat connection is lost, and displays error message.  Error is
 removed when connection is restored.

 Likely the trigger-checks should go in a different file (heartbeat?), and
 have screen detection instead, but posting as-is for testing and
 discussion.  Because we're not disabling after first failed autosave,
 there's much more latency before the user knows that the connection is
 lost.

 Should we mark connection as lost after *either* a number of failed
 heartbeats or time range instead of just time range?  Thinking that if we
 have >3 failed heartbeat attempts in a row, that's a good sign we have
 connection issues.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23220#comment:23>