[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23572: Add functions to parse Audio / Video data out of arbitrary content or a post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 15 09:43:40 UTC 2013

#23572: Add functions to parse Audio / Video data out of arbitrary content or a
post
-----------------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  wonderboymusic                           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                              |      Status:  new
Changes (by DrewAPicture):

 * keywords:  needs-unit-tests has-patch => needs-unit-tests has-patch dev-
     feedback

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:7 wonderboymusic]:
 > > Probably no need for so many functions.
 > This is similar to slurping images / galleries from a content blob.
 There are so many different ways it can be in there, we need 6 extraction
 functions, and here they are:

 Looking at these six functions, seems like there's a lot of duplication
 between the pairs. I could see reducing six to three and adding a media
 flag with a switch:
 * `get_post_media( 'audio|video' )` (#23282)
 * `get_content_media ( 'audio|video' )`
 * `get_embedded_media( 'audio|video' )`

 Also happy to make patch(es) to do just that.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23572#comment:8>