[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21894: <!--more--> tag does nothing in secondary loops when is_single because of $more global

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 7 01:19:03 UTC 2013

#21894: <!--more--> tag does nothing in secondary loops when is_single because of
$more global
 Reporter:  jeremyclarke  |       Owner:

Comment (by Veraxus):

 I agree, this should be fixed, but I'm not sure the provided patch is the
 right answer.

 Currently, the workaround solution for developers is to explicitly set
 '''$more = false''' before the new custom loop, which isn't a huge deal...
 (although if you want to preserve the original value, you would have to
 briefly store it in another variable and restore it after the loop).

 I think a more developer-centric solution would be to provide the ability
 to set handing of the more tag as a query parameter... although that would
 involve modifying more WordPress components to provide support.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21894#comment:6>