[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23220: Extend autosave to use the browser's local storage in addition to saving to the server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 1 01:50:49 UTC 2013

#23220: Extend autosave to use the browser's local storage in addition to saving to
the server
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz          |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by Viper007Bond):

 Note that localStorage space limitations in Firefox are for all subdomains
 of a domain, per the spec. This prevents abuses like the one described
 here: http://feross.org/fill-disk/

 This means for example that all WordPress.com blogs as a whole would be
 limited to 5 megabytes, not per blog (in the admin area where we don't use
 domain mapping).

 With this in mind, we should make sure to store as little data as possible
 otherwise people who blog on lots of different sites will quickly run out
 of space and have the functionality no longer work for them.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23220#comment:18>