[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24555: Twenty Thirteen: First image in featured gallery can be blurry if in landscape

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 10 18:20:54 UTC 2013

#24555: Twenty Thirteen: First image in featured gallery can be blurry if in
landscape
---------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  obenland       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
 [https://irclogs.wordpress.org/chanlog.php?channel=wordpress-
 dev&day=2013-06-10&sort=asc#m625858 Reported in IRC], if a landscape
 oriented image happens to be the first image in a featured gallery, it
 appears blurry. Since the medium image size does not crop, the image is
 most likely not 300px high. This causes the image to be magnified and to
 appear blurry.

 We previously discussed the issue of the best image size to use in IRC, I
 couldn't find the log in a reasonable amount of time though.