[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21924: add action / filter to wp-login.php so we can replace WordPress login and force using 3rd party login

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 29 00:50:48 UTC 2013

#21924: add action / filter to wp-login.php so we can replace WordPress login and
force using 3rd party login
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  cliffpaulick     |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by willnorris):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme

Comment:

 The following actions already exist that allow you to extend the login and
 registration forms: `login_head`, `login_form`, `register_form`,
 `register_post`.  Using these, you could hide the existing form with CSS
 and replace it with your own.  You'll also want to hook into the
 `authenticate` filter to add the logic for your third-party login
 mechanism.

 If you **really** want to disable the standard WordPress login that uses
 username and password, you can do that with `remove_filter('authenticate',
 'wp_authenticate_username_password', 20, 3);`

 (closing as 'worksforme' since I believe the existing hooks will do what
 you want.  If not, feel free to reopen and explain further)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21924#comment:1>