[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24815: get_the_post_thumbnail() fetches full sized image if 'post-thumbnail' custom size not defined in theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 23 10:02:46 UTC 2013

#24815: get_the_post_thumbnail() fetches full sized image if 'post-thumbnail'
custom size not defined in theme
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  Jonnyauk                           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new

Comment (by Jonnyauk):

 I understand where you are coming from on this, thank you for your
 feedback. However, in the patch I still check against 'post-thumbnail', so
 there won't be any compatibility issues.

 It seems a-little strange behaviour to me to have to define another image
 size for 'post-thumbnail' for this to function correctly, I'd expect it to
 default to standard thumbnail dimensions (due to the name of the
 function?)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24815#comment:3>