[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24799: Default comment form title and div id attributes prevent multiple use of comment form on a page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 19 17:56:05 UTC 2013

#24799: Default comment form title and div id attributes prevent multiple use of
comment form on a page
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  BjornW                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by BjornW):

 * keywords:  dev-feedback => dev-feedback has-patch

Comment:

 Heres's a patch to make sure WordPress uses unique html id attributes by
 default in the comment form. What I have done is appended the post_id to
 the comment form html where needed and I have added extra options to the
 comment_form() options so one can change the html before and after a form
 as well as change the h3 title into something else.

 It's a quick hack briefly tested and it seems the duplicate ids are now
 gone, but it could use some more testing and maybe some feedback if this
 is the right way to deal with this issue.

 ps: It's been a while since I submitted a patch so I might be doing lots
 of things wrong. Just let me know and I'll try to alter my patch
 accordingly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24799#comment:3>