[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24695: Disabling the Save and Publish buttons when heartbeat connection is in error state

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 18 16:29:12 UTC 2013

#24695: Disabling the Save and Publish buttons when heartbeat connection is in
error state
------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz                        |       Owner:  carldanley
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by nacin):

 Sorry, removing brackets from single-line `if` statements is a habit.

 For what it's worth, I don't know if our own JS standards are "codified".
 They've had influence from koopersmith and azaozz but I am not sure if
 they've been fully vetted; I think there have been some changes by others.
 I agree with following jQuery and Crockford where possible.

 Regarding NFE, I'm just trying to follow, for now, a fairly standard and
 existing pattern we use in this file and elsewhere. By "much faster" we're
 talking literally immeasurable differences for single operations. This
 isn't something being done in a quickly repeating loop.

 I'm fine with removing things out of expressions but then we should do
 that for all deferred callbacks for that XHR call.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24695#comment:15>