[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24695: Disabling the Save and Publish buttons when heartbeat connection is in error state

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 17 21:50:22 UTC 2013

#24695: Disabling the Save and Publish buttons when heartbeat connection is in
error state
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by nacin):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 I have an idea. Let's only deactivate the buttons if we confirmed that
 heartbeat worked at least once.

 Let's say we load post-new.php. Some kind of server configuration or
 plugin (possibly always) prevents heartbeat from properly returning data,
 and the whole thing continuously times out. We suddenly disable their
 Publish/Save buttons.

 A better approach would be to only disable Publish/Save *after* at least
 one successful heartbeat. This should mitigate any potential weird edge
 cases that will inevitably end up in the forums.

 This should be really easy to do — set a flag on .success() to check on
 .fail()?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24695#comment:9>