[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24345: preview link for published posts does not apply the preview_post_link filter

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 10 21:35:14 UTC 2013

#24345: preview link for published posts does not apply the preview_post_link
filter
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  joeybvi                            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new

Comment (by joeybvi):

 We use it, along with a few other filters, to help with having our admin
 interface in a different location from the front-end:

 {{{#!php
 function fix_preview_link($link) {
         return str_replace('ADMIN_LOCATION', 'FRONT_END_LOCATION', $link);
 }
 add_filter('preview_post_link', 'fix_preview_link');
 }}}

 I do agree that the links in messages should be fixed as well. I'm
 surprised I haven't heard about this in our company yet. I will take a
 look at them when I get a few free minutes.

 I'm not sure what the best thing to do about right-clicking and opening in
 a new window being "Preview without changes" is.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24345#comment:4>