[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23684: wp-admin CSS style conflicts with jQuery-UI breaking form elements in Firefox

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 10 18:29:50 UTC 2013

#23684: wp-admin CSS style conflicts with jQuery-UI breaking form elements in
Firefox
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  Colin84                           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by codebykat):

 @nacin Can you explain to me why we think .ui-helper-hidden-accessible is
 important, even though we're not using that class anywhere?  Is it a
 concern about plugins that might be adding stuff to the admin dashboard,
 and if so, shouldn't it be the plugin's responsibility to load jQuery UI
 CSS if it uses it?

 (Honest question, I'm not being snarky.  I'm new to all of this.)

 The story, as far as I've been able to determine (from our commit logs and
 jQuery UI changelog), is that we originally copied what jQuery UI was
 doing, and then jQuery UI changed the way they do this (possibly because
 of this same bug).  I would argue that we should continue following
 jQuery's lead on this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23684#comment:11>