[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23336: Sticky Posts lack sanity bounding. If used too much, can severely degrade performance.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 9 18:34:35 UTC 2013

#23336: Sticky Posts lack sanity bounding. If used too much, can severely degrade
performance.
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by mbijon):

 I agree with the move to a future release. Since devs on sites big enough
 to have problems can & do avoid this perf issue by creating their own
 stickies taxonomy, this doesn't seem important enough to delay 3.6 on.

 For future discussion though: Could we make stickies filterable so that a
 plugin could divert them to a taxonomy, or should we replace core's
 current serialized list of sticky IDs with a taxonomy? The latter might
 require some upgrade code that could migrate the serialized list into the
 new core taxonomy.

 (I think that ideally, doing both make sense if there's people with time
 for it)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23336#comment:19>