[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24717: Image editor do not update custom image sizes when the main image is modified.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 9 09:47:47 UTC 2013

#24717: Image editor do not update custom image sizes when the main image is
modified.
 Reporter:  Fab1en        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  3.5.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 In the Media Library, images can be edited directly in WP : you can crop
 them, rotate and so on. You can also decide to apply changes to the main
 image only, the thumbnails only or to all sizes.
 But even when applied to all sizes, only `thumbnail`, `medium` and `large`
 size are updated. Size added via `add_image_size` are not changed.

 I thought this was a feature to implement, but when digging in the code, I
 saw that the custom image sizes are taken care of. There is just a small
 bug that prevents the sizes to be set correctly, hence the resizing
 process fails for those sizes.

 I will submit a patch to correct this.