[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22030: After "clear background-color" in design options, still css is added to html-output

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 8 16:49:13 UTC 2013

#22030: After "clear background-color" in design options, still css is added to
html-output
---------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Ov3rfly              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 3.7-early
 * version:  3.4.2 => 3.4
 * milestone:  3.6 => Future Release

Comment:

 The customizer has some JS that mirrors the PHP equivalent.
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/js/customize-
 preview.js?rev=22798#L105

 So the issue here is that we save the background color even when it is the
 default, rather than removing the mod?

 Looks like get_background_color() would work just fine with this. Per the
 comment in _custom_background_cb() I added in [21002], the desired
 behavior does appear to be that we don't save the background color when it
 equals the default. `// A default has to be specified in style.css. It
 will not be printed here.` We simply missed that in #20448.

 I'm fine with this change, but let's do it '''early''' in a cycle because
 it could potentially trip up themes. And, let's figure out what needs to
 be done regarding the customizer.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22030#comment:22>