[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10205: getmyuid() called instead of posix_getuid() in get_filesystem_method() (wp-admin/includes/file.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 8 09:07:21 UTC 2013

#10205: getmyuid() called instead of posix_getuid() in get_filesystem_method() (wp-
admin/includes/file.php)
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pgl                     |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by thanatica2):

 Honestly, how is this still going on?

 @rpostgate, I don't mean to be rude to you, but your code adds even more
 functionality. What needs to happen is to remove the silly check for
 fileowner. Your code would indeed fix the problem to a user's perspective,
 but really what's happening is more checks and more things to slow the
 system down (as if wordpress would need more cpu-cycles to eat up) and are
 just so pointless.

 Earlier I said "2 years", but we're coming close to another 3 months.

 It doesn't take more than five minutes to remove one flipping line of
 code. How is this still going on then??

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10205#comment:25>