[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23259: Allow filtering the $function parameter of add_filter(), has_filter() and remove_filter()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 24 21:24:00 UTC 2013

#23259: Allow filtering the $function parameter of add_filter(), has_filter() and
remove_filter()
------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  MikeSchinkel            |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  closed

Comment (by scribu):

 > Because there is no standard way that site builders to remove hooks so
 there are forced to dive into the plugin code to figure it out, and many
 of them don't have the necessary skills with PHP to achieve that.

 If they don't have the necessary skills with PHP, why do you assume they
 have enough skills to know which hook controls which aspect of the plugin?
 What about complex features that require multiple hooks? example: WP_Query
 mangling

 Anyway, I think I get what you're looking for:

 {{{
 add_plugin_support( 'feature-x' );

 remove_plugin_support( 'feature-x' );

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23259#comment:10>